Hi, hello, and welcome to my column VPA! For your listening pleasure, click here to hear some jams while you read. My name is Charlotte, I’m 17 years old, and I’m going to be the mouth and ears to my articles so thank you for being my eyes. I’m going to focus on my friends and acquaintances all around the Bay Area and how they’ve found success, happiness, fulfillment, and inspiration through pursuing art. Now that you understand a little bit more about what my column is going to be about, let’s learn about the girl behind the screen.
17 Facts About Me, Myself, and I:
- In case you didn’t know, performing arts are very important to me, and in a way, the largest part of my life. Just in high school alone, I’ve been in 3 musicals and 3 fall plays. These include West Side Story as Minnie, A Midsummer Night’s Dream as Cobweb, Guys and Dolls as Mimi, The Crucible as Tituba, Fiddler on the Roof as Tzeitel, and Twelfth Night as Feste!
- I’ve dyed and bleached my hair too many times to count (it’s a miracle I’m not bald yet). I’ve rocked hot pink, indigo, teal, black, auburn, purple, and silver! Right now, my hair’s taking a break and just enjoying being blonde.
- The average emo phase lasts a few years but it’s been 17 years for me and it’s still lingering. It ain’t all bad though! My love for emo and pop punk music inspired me to create my own musical content, landing me a spot on the 2017 Vans Warped Tour. Here’s a photo of me at my very first Warped Tour performance!
- I love animals! Dogs and hedgehogs hold a very special place in my heart.
- I’ve been blessed to be born and raised in such a diverse and unique city like San Francisco. I couldn’t imagine myself in any other place.
- I like a lot of music. Here are some albums I’ve been diggin’ lately.
- I am a huge makeup enthusiast. I can’t live without Anastasia Beverly Hills, Too Faced, Tarte, or Lime Crime in my life.
- Clothes and fashion are something I am passionate about. American Apparel and Urban Outfitters are two brands you’ll see me in the most.
- Generally, I’m moneyless, based on my makeup and clothes spending, but I still find a way.
- I own minion glasses, and they’re my most prized possession. If I could legally marry them, I would.
- I have a wonderful boyfriend who brings me a lot of love and happiness, however, he hates my minion glasses (party pooper).
- I can play five instruments and I’m self taught on all of them. I’ve taught myself to play ukulele, guitar, piano, drums, and bass.
- I’m super duper allergic to peanuts.
- I can do that clover leaf tongue trick. That’s not super important to know; I’m just proud that I finally learned it because it took me a long time to master.
- I’ve had many food obsessions over the years. My latest one is cranberry juice and Cheez-It’s.
- Sophomore year, I watched Rent everyday after school. Three months straight. Seriously.
- My mom died on June 14th, 2017. It was incredibly difficult, but I know that she’d be proud of how strong I’ve been and how much I strive to inspire other people to be their best. She’s forever my best friend and everything I do is to honor her. That’s why I’m writing for you all. I want to show how the arts can change people, help people, even save people. If I can share my story or the story of someone I know and know that it can make someone else’s day, that’s a job well done in my book. I really hope you all enjoy my column.