Here are some accessories that will help prevent injury. You don’t need the most expensive gear in the world to do your best, but you will need the right gear that is also of functional quality. Here is a solid list:
- Weight Lifting Belt ~ $30 Helps keep your back straight and maintain good posture.
- Wrist wraps for weightlifting ~ $15 Helps prevent wrists from overextending which may lead to injury.
- Weightlifting Shoes = $80 – $200 Stronger base and easier to balance at heavier weights.
- Chalk ~$23 Helps with grip at heavier weights.
- Chalk ball ~$9 (see above.)