Apply to Our Fall Cycle!
FALL CYCLE DATES September 7 – December 10
Join us as a contributor to Sunset Media Wave and the fifth issue of our zine, Sunset Micro Wave! Together, we are creating a multi-multimedia website dedicated to high school artistic expression. Spend three months completing a project that you’re passionate about, which will be included in our December issue.
Given the developing situation with the pandemic, we are still in the process of planning our fall cycle. As of late August, we are planning to meet in-person and observe the highest standard of pandemic-related safety protocols, including mandatory masking, daily cleaning, adequate ventilation, social distancing and an overall small program size. We resumed in-person programming this summer and were able to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Please note: if public health protocols change due to rising case loads and hospitalizations, we will move to virtual meetings, as we did throughout 2020.
Please answer the following questions in an email to email@example.com. During this pandemic, we are committed to supporting diversity and holding space for the most vulnerable members of our San Francisco youth population.
- Write one paragraph about a passion you’d like to develop into a three month project this fall for our zine! You will have opportunities to modify your idea, but we would like you to share your idea.
- Are you self-motivated? We are looking for teens who can come up with great ideas and then follow through. Please write one paragraph about your ability to get things done on time. Give an example or two.
- Where do you go to high school? What year are you?
- Please include 2-3 samples of your work. If you are a musician, send a link to SoundCloud or YouTube. If you are an artist, send us some photos of your work, or a link to your Iinstagram. If you are a writer, please share examples of your writing. Etc.
- Completion of an original project for Sunset Micro Wave, Vol. 5.
- Promotion of the completed zine.
- 65 hours of on-site participation between September and December.
- Attending 2 afternoons per week in person. Because of the new SFUSD schedule, we will have flexible start and end times to our program. We are open from 3:30 pm to 7 pm, Monday through Thursday. Everyone at Sunset Media Wave arrives at varying times, depending on their school release schedule and transportation method.
- Financial stipend of $250.
- Killer snacks!
- Certificate and letter of recommendation for job and college applications.
- Create with a fun and inspired community of artistic peers.
Our headquarters are at 3925 Noriega Street in the Outer Sunset.
Please use firstname.lastname@example.org to contact Sunset Media Wave with any questions. Check out our latest issue of Sunset Micro Wave, ideally from a computer or laptop with earbuds/headphones!