The recipes for the filling were all created by myself and therefore are all original (unlike my previous post). The filling is always a special thing. Everyone has their own recipes, which can give others insight as to who you really are in the inside.
Apple pie filling:
4 cups apple sauce (unsweetened)
6 large apples
2 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
- Pour your applesauce into a large pot and stir.
- Cut your apples into tiny cubes. Then combine with the applesauce
- Add the brown sugar into the pot and stir. Make sure the sugar doesn’t burn or else the filling will be ruined.
- Add the flour and stir until all the flour has been incorporated into the mix.
- If the filling is still too watery, put a 1/2 cup more of flour. If not, pour the filling into your crust and bake for 25 minutes in an oven preheated to 425 degrees.
For the meat pie filling:
1 pound of beef
1 large onion
2 medium sized potatoes
2 medium sized carrots
4 pinches salt
fresh ground black pepper
1 cup of water
- Cut the beef into tiny cubes. Peel your potatoes and carrots and dice them too. Peel the first layer or two of your onion so there aren’t anymore spots. Heat up a frying pan and add some oil. When the oil starts to boil quickly, take a piece of the piece and sear both sides of it quickly. You want both sides to be browned, but the center to be completely raw. Sear one piece of meat at a time. The reason for this is because if you cook all the beef at once it will be overcooked and dry once you are done baking the pie. After you sear your beef, add a little bit of fresh ground black pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Cook your potatoes until they are a bit golden and soft. Then add 1/3 cup of water into the potatoes and cover with a lid. Let the potatoes cook for 2-3 minutes or until partially soft so they won’t turn into mush while baking.
- Cook your carrots and onions with the remaining amount of water. Cook until partially soft. When done stir the potatoes into the carrot and onions then add 3 pinches of salt.
- Fill your crust with 3 layers (beef, vegetables, and beef again).
- Bake for 25 minutes in a preheated oven at 425 degrees.