For my first post, I decided to start off with a challenge. Though I know nothing about cooking, I wanted to come out strong by learning how to cook boiled egs! To add on to the challenge, I decided to go one step beyond regular boiled eggs and make soft boiled eggs. You heard me correctly: soft boiled eggs!
I’ve eaten thousands of eggs in my life, but I discovered a problem recently: I hate hard boiled eggs. They are way too dry for my mouth, and they do not look visually pleasing, in my opinion. That is why I decided to conquer the soft boiled egg. By learning how to make them, I will never need to eat those filthy hard boiled eggs again!
After watching many videos and reading many articles, I can boil down the instructions to the following:
- Grab your pot and fill it with half and inch of water.
- Put your pot over high heat and wait until it boils.
- Place your egg sideways into the pot. (Make sure only half the egg is covered in water) and then cover the pot with a lid.
- Let it boil for 6:30 minutes.
- Take the egg out of pot and place it in a strainer
- Run cold water over the egg for 30-60 seconds.
Pretty simple right? That’s why I was able to master it after cooking the egg once…. just kidding. It took me a couple of times to make a good soft boiled egg, and in the end, I wasn’t even able to make a perfect one
Here are some of my failures:
After many wasted eggs, I finally made a semi-soft boiled egg.
It took me a while, but I feel like I was able to learn how to make a soft boiled egg. A tip I would give to people who want to make a soft boiled egg is to time the egg when it is boiling precisely. It was a great learning experience and I will definitely make them again.